Optimizing energy consumption to extend battery life makes energy efficiency critical for electronics products. An affordable test instrument to precisely measure the wide dynamic current range of new products, the Joulescope™ JS110 precision DC energy analyzer lets engineers quickly and easily identify and fix the parts of their designs that consume too much energy.
Joulescope’s features include:
- Superior dynamic range: Measures electrical current from amps down to nanoamps;
- Low voltage drop: Maintains under 25 mV to keep the target device operating normally;
- Makes the invisible visible: Simultaneously measures current and voltage two million times per second with 250 kHz bandwidth to display short events including interrupt service routines and inrush currents;
- Easy to use: Provides a simple multimeter instantaneous view and an oscilloscope view showing changes over time;
- Customizable: Includes open-source software and a swappable front-panel that allow users to adapt Joulescope to their needs;
- Portable: At just 150 mm x 81 mm x 33 mm (5.9″ x 3.2″ x 1.3″) and 217 grams (0.5 lbs), fits conveniently on the desk and can travel
- Multiplatform support: Works with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
“With a Joulescope at their desk, developers get immediate feedback on the impact of their changes,” explains Matt Liberty, the creator of the Joulescope, making designs that are more environmentally friendly with longer battery life.
The Joulescope JS110 is discounted $100 through July 26, 2019. It started as a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised more than $100,000 in March 2019.