Emerging Asian markets and mobile smartphone gaming are driving growth of the video game industry, which saw sales of US$134.9 billion annually worldwide. Video gaming is the third-largest segment in the U.S. entertainment market, after broadcast and cable TV.
According to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s “Cloud Gaming – Global Market Outlook (2018-2027),” of the total video game market, the Global Cloud Gaming market accounted for $0.99 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $3.90 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 16.5% during the forecast period.
Some of the key factors influencing market growth include commercialization of 5G, rise in a number of gamers, upsurge of immersive and competitive gaming on mobile and increase in the number of internet users. However, multiplayer cloud gaming server allocation issues are hindering market growth.
Amongst type, video streaming solution relieves clients from computationally intensive graphics rendering and is ideal for clients with resource-constrained devices. Additionally, in this approach, computational load is paid along with network load since transmitting videos is more expensive than transmitting graphics commands. Owing to this, video streaming will hold significant growth.
By geography, the cloud gaming market in APAC is foreseen to augment at a significant rate owing to the increasing number of 5G infrastructure development initiatives in the region. Additionally, the cost-effective nature of the cloud gaming platforms is promoting its usage across various new customer classes that vary in investing in gaming systems due to its cost.
Some of the key players in the global cloud gaming market are IBM, NVIDIA, Google, Sony, Tencent, Amazon Web Services, Samsung Electronics, Right-To-Win, Microsoft, Intel Corporation, Alibaba, Advanced Micro Devices, Blacknut, Paperspace, Activision, TransGaming, LiquidSky Software, and Playcast Media Systems.
The report offers
- Market share assessments for regional and country-level segments
- Strategic recommendations for new entrants
- Market data for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 and 2027
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic analysis: Drivers and Constraints, Product/Technology Analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, SWOT analysis, etc.
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments, and
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements.