An undergrad Supply Chain Management degree has several components, including logistics, transportation, and analysis. Its goal is to prepare students to take products from development/supplier to buyer/consumer, utilizing data analysis and technology.
And with supply chain innovations blowing up the industry, from drone delivery to AI warehouse sorting and bot picking, supply chain managers need to be cognizant of tech innovation in the field. Just as customers can order goods with a touch of a finger, students can enrol in a course online. As online education gets bigger and better, it’s giving traditional college campuses a run for their money. Leading education researchers have predicted that online education will surpass traditional learning within a decade.
A 2014 survey by Deloitte showed that companies with a well designed and maintained supply chain management system saw 79% above average revenue growth. SCM best practices yield better returns on cost, delivery. and customer satisfaction.
Online Schools Report has released its ranking of the Best Online Supply Chain Management Degrees. Their ranking is based strictly on data, prioritizing the school’s ability to deliver an online education comparable to an on-campus degree.
OSR uses six data points to determine the best programs in a given field. Three data points focus on the quality of the school, and three focus on the quality of the individual program under consideration. The introduction of program-specific data helps OSR dive deeper into each program and quantify how that program has helped its graduates.
For a detailed description of the methodology, visit.
Based on the numbers, here are the schools with the Best Online Supply Chain Management Degrees:
- American Public University System – Charles Town, West Virginia
- Ashford University – San Diego, California
- Athens State University – Athens, Alabama
- Baker College – Flint, Michigan
- Bellevue University – Bellevue, Nebraska
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide – Daytona Beach, Florida
- Excelsior College – Albany, New York
- Florida State College at Jacksonville – Jacksonville, Florida
- Georgia Military College – Milledgeville, Georgia
- Northern Arizona University – Flagstaff, Arizona
- Ohio Christian University – Circleville, Ohio
- Park University – Parkville, Missouri
- Rasmussen College-Florida – Ocala, Florida
- Saint Leo University – Saint Leo, Florida
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst – Amherst, Massachusetts
Read the full ranking here.
Source: Online Schools Report