Supply chain problems are having a significant impact on U.S. chemical manufacturer operations. Recent survey results released by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) show wide-ranging national implications.
Survey highlights include:
- 98% report modifying operations because of supply chain/transportation issues
- 66% lost production, and 94% reported shipping delays and shortages of raw materials
- 93% claim increased transportation costs
- 33% experienced or declared force majeure-based freight transportation issues
- 93% reported additional costs into the several millions of dollars, with more than a third of companies reporting costs higher than $20 million
The stakes are expected to rise as ACC’s economists anticipate that chemical shipments and the industry’s transportation needs will continue to increase.