The Administration announced actions it intends to take as a result of the key findings from Executive Order (E.O.) 14017 “America’s Supply Chains. Vulnerabilities it has taken steps to mitigate include those involving vaccines and vaccination levels, identifying improvements in practices to strengthen the semiconductor supply chain, expanding rare earth mining and processing out of China, and cyber vulnerability improvements for supply chains and critical infrastructure.
The Administration released findings from the comprehensive 100-day supply chain assessments for four critical products:
- semiconductor manufacturing and advanced packaging
- large capacity batteries
- critical minerals and materials
- pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients
Based on E.O. 14017, the Administration is crafting strategies for six industrial bases that underpin America’s economic and national security, which will be completed within a year.
First steps include:
- Support domestic production of critical medicines
- Secure an end-to-end domestic supply chain for advanced batteries
- Invest in sustainable domestic and international production and processing of critical minerals
For more information and greater detail, the report can be accessed here.
Original Release: White House Briefing Room