Oracle introduced new logistics capabilities within Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain & Manufacturing (SCM). The updates to Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) and Oracle Global Trade Management (GTM) will help its customers to reduce costs, improve accuracy, automate regulatory compliance, and enhance logistics flexibility.
Organizations without flexible and responsive logistics processes pass delays and costs onto their customers.
Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management are designed to enable organizations to run their logistics operations efficiently, reduce freight costs, optimize service levels and rapidly adapt to changes.
The new capabilities include:
- Automated Trade Agreement Qualification:Helps customers validate Certificate of Origin, reduce tariffs, enter new markets, comply with labor regulations and prove where goods were produced via auditable records
- New Oracle Logistics Digital Assistant Capabilities:Users to gain insight into shipment status using simple voice commands.
- Enhanced Workbenches:Combine data from multiple sources into a single view to streamline operations and enhance decision-making. New templates enable users to manage specific logistics processes more efficiently.
- New Oracle Transportation Management Mobile App:Customers send assignments to drivers, capture arrival and departure events, and communicate in-transit status and location information.
- ETA Predictions with Machine Learning:Real-time updates and shipment tracking to create accurate predictions for arrival times based on a customer’s unique business operations.
Oracle Cloud SCM helps organizations quickly respond to changing demand, supply, and market conditions.